Friday, 24 January 2014

Beauty Review: Urban Decay Vice 2

Beauty Review Urban Decay Vice 2 Pallet

I am a huge fan of Urban Decay so I was very excited when I added their limited edition Vice 2 palette to my ever growing collection.

I love the design of the Vice 2 palette. Unlike some of the previous Urban Decay palettes the Vice 2 is presented in a study plastic casing. Although the plastic is quite sturdy it feels as though it would scratch easily, so the cardboard sleeve will definitely come in handy if you want to keep the palette looking brand new. 

The purple casing is so pretty and really compliments the luxe theme of the eye shadow colours. As well as being very aesthetically pleasing, the palette has a few hand features which make the Vice 2 feel that little bit more special. The button on the front of the case has a slow release which gently opens the pallet to reveal a large mirror that fills the inside of the lid. Another thing I really like about the Vice 2 is that the lid doesn't keep falling down when you're using the palette. While this is a simple feature it is so useful, I wish more palettes stayed open when using them!

Beauty Review Urban Decay Vice 2 Pallet

Inside the palette, the Vice 2 includes twenty brand new colours and a double ended brush which is so soft, it's amazing!

I really like the range of eye shadows in the Vice 2 palette. The colours are so flexible and are perfect for creating anything from subtle daytime looks to bright and dynamic designs. With the exception of a few colours, all of the eye shadows are really strong in the Vice 2 palette. I love damaged, madness and strike, they're such gorgeous colours, with coax and x-rated being the weakest in my opinion.

Most of the colours in Vice 2 are either glitter based or have a satin finish, with only two matte shades (habit and rewind). While I really love bright shimmery colours I do wish there were a couple more blending matte colours in Vice 2, this would make the palette more wearable on a day to day basis. As well as this, some of the colours are very similar with only different finishes to distinguish them. Largely this doesn't bother me as it's pretty handy to be able to wear shades in different ways, however I don't think two black shades (smokeout and lovesick) are needed as such dark colours are quite difficult to wear. 

Beauty Review Urban Decay Vice 2 Pallet

Overall I really love the Vice 2 palette. The colours have a strong pigment and sit really well on the skin even without a primer base. While I'm not ready to retire my trusty Naked 2, the Vice 2 is ideal if you're going away and want to take neutral and bright eye shadows with you without needing two separate palettes.

Have you tried Vice 2? What do you think of the palette?

 photo signature_zps690a020a.png

 photo bloglovinlogo_zps6286af78.png photo facebook_zpsb17c6fd7.png photo pinterstlogo_zpsdaeb5cb4.png photo twiiter_zps165bb074.png

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow those colours are gorgeous! I've never seen the Vice pallets but I'll have to keep my eye out the next time I'm near somewhere that sells UD!

    Sorcha x Bright Field Notes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would really recommend it! I've not been able to stop using the palette since i got mine. x

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting on Future Freaks Me! It really means a lot to me, and I always try to reply to all of your comments.